Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sharing my favorites: Color Swatches


Hi friends,
Today I have this to share with you. It's my SU! color swatches. I bought this (quite a while back) on ebay for like $8. When I first saw it, I thought it was a great idea, but not a hard one to do myself. But I thought, maybe I'll buy it since I don't have all the SU! cardstock colors. Well, let me tell you how much I have used it! I luuuuv it & wouldn't be without it! I want to share some of the reasons it has become one of my favorite things.

It has all of the regular colors in addition to the specialty cardstock, neutrals, and past & current "in colors". There are a couple of people who also sell swatches similar to these, but I like this one because it lists all the available coordinating products with item numbers- which makes it convenient when reordering. (See below)

When I'm looking for colors to combine, I just pull out my swatch book I pull colors I'm thinking of using. For example: does Chocolate Chip look good with Tempting Turquoise?

How about Garden Green, So Safron, & Regal Rose?


If I don't like color combos, I can quickly see all the colors & choose one I like better. This is where the color wheel comes in handy too.

I can also pull the O-ring apart & take out the swatches I want. Then when I'm done, I know exactly where it goes back because each card has the color family it belongs to & a number. So I know exactly where to put that card back.

I love being organized & using my time to be creative. This little tool is so super handy. It is a purchase I'm sooooo glad I made.


One of the projects on my "To Do" list is to create one for my PaperTrey Ink cardstock. I'm a big fan of their cardstock & have been adding more to my stash.

Click here for the link where you can buy one for yourself. But some of you may want to make one yourself with your own flair. Either way, I hope you're inspired to get your cardstock colors organized.

Thanks for peekin' today! I'm off to work on report cards- gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin