Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bathing Beauty Emma

She is a total bathing beauty, isn't she? I cannot resist these cute Sugar Plums from CC designs- I'm so smitten! Again, I used one of the panels as part of the background. I dusted off my heart hand punch to punch two little hearts on the purple strips to coordinate with the little hearts on Emma's cap & swim suit- yes it's a one piece today scuba diving at Stoney Cove I know the colors are a little Halloween-ish (purple & green) but it works, I think.

Thanks so much for peekin' today at my bathing beauty. Today was the last day with my kiddos for this year. Let me tell you there was not a dry eye in the house at our goodbyes today. party smileys

We get used to each other & we get close. I know that I spend more time with some of these kids than their parents do (because of work & other issues i.e. jail, rehab, and so on) so I get to know them and care about them like they were my own kids. When they look back at their time spent in Third Grade, I want them to have warm & wonderful memories of the learning & growing they did.
I'll leave you with this little message I leave them with:

A Teacher's Farewell

You're a very special person
And friend, you should know
How I loved to be your teacher,
And how fast the time did go.
One thing I tried to teach you
To last your whole life through,
Is to know that you are special
Just because you're you.
Follow your dreams for when your dreams come true,
so do mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin