Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thinking of You Book

Hello Friends,
Today I have a card I made for a friend who has been at home recouperating from surgery. This was a pretty quick card to make.


 I stamped the book 3 times & cut each out at different lengths to layer. In between each layer, it's popped up with dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment, punched out the butterflies, & added a ribbon bookmark. I ran my gold Krylon marker all over the edges of the book to give it that gold foil look.

Thanks so much for peeking today! I've got loads of school stuff to do so...
Gotta Go!



The Deets:
Stamps: book-heartfelt creations, Through the trees-PTI
Paper: Far East- DCWV, Very Vanilla, Gold- SU!, Heritage Paper- Sandylion
Ink: Chestnut Roan, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: ribbon, MS butterfly punches, dimensional, Krylon Gold Marker

9 comments:

  1. Karli you are so creative! When I first glanced at this I didn't even realize it was a card, thought it was an actual book. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Karli! I too thought is was a real book at first look. I love thw way it looks kinda old, but then the gold makes it all special and shimery ;)
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodnes, Karli! This is amazing. what a creative approach to make a book (and indeed it looks like a book) - looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You post one amazing project after the next! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karli I have an award for you over on my blog please stop by and pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool Karli, it looks exactly like a real book! Really beautiful, I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOSH!!! I am lovin this how did you do it may I ask?
    AWESOME!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin