Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Spring Cards

Hi again friends,
I'm back to share the cards I made for Easter. No bunnies or carrots. Nothing wrong with that, but I thought I'd go a more Spring-y route. Dawn McVey posted a beautiful butterfly card for the PTI release & I instantly fell in love. SO Simple!!! SO BRILLIANT!!! SO wish I could think that way!!! (Tee Hee!) She used 2 flourishes stamped side-by-side to create a butterfly. I sooooooo had to give it a whirl.
Here's the first:
I paper pleated the bottom panel of pattern paper & wrapped ribbon around it.

Take 2:
Different colors, wider paper pleating, pattern paper bow.

Take 3:
Different colors, no paper pleating, instead I simply used a border punch along the edge.

Here they are for a group hug:

I love the way they turned out :) I wish I could take credit for the butterfly concept, but it's all from Dawn McVey's brilliant mind. Be sure to take a peek at the original card that inpired me---> here.
Thanks for peeking! Happy Easter to ya & Happy Spring!




The 411:
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Blooming Button Bits- PTI
Ink: Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa- SU!
Paper: Very Vanilla CS-SU!, Quite Contrary-My Mind's Eye (Luuuv this!)
Other: Buttons-PTI, Bling, Gemstone Stickers- MS, Gemstone Stickers- K&Co, ribbon

8 comments:

  1. oh so pretty! Love em! And very versatile, great for any occasion, right?
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Karli. Love that they could be used for any occasion, too. I'll have to give it a try, I love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards- love the embellished butterflies and really love the pleated ribbons! TFS and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous! What a creative idea. I'm off to check out the origial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karli, these are beautiful!!!! Each of them is so cute and unique - I love them all

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so pretty. I really like how you did the paper pleating at the bottom, what a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh thanks for the inspiration, Karli. New uses for flourish stamps... Your butterfly creation cards are just beautiful..love all the colors and the button/bling combo for the body is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful collection of cards, Karli! I love the buttons for the butterflies' bodies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin