Friday, November 5, 2010

Need a Quickie?

Hi ya friends!
Hope you're all well. I want to start by apologizing for my absence from my blog and especially for not visiting my blog friends out there lately :( It's been crazy busy on the homefront which has left me with little time to craft & visit with you :( Trust me it's totally bummed me out. But because my job fully funds my habit, I'm afraid I have to put it high on the priority list. Then, my boys have had sports & projects of their own that I needed to help them with. Emphasis on the "I" cuz my hubby has allergies---> apparently to school projects... grrr :{
Well, I'm here to share one quick project. Actually it's a prototype of sorts. My friend is participating in a craft fair & she asked me if I could create a quick & easy (& cheap) card set to sell. So I limited myself to 30 minutes & this is what I created:
 It's a set of 4 cards & a matching card box (A2-standard card size)

Here's the box:
Here are the cards inside:

 And the individual cards:
I kept it very simple by letting the beautiful Mimosa paper do all the work. What makes this quick & easy is that there's no stamping or coloring- just cutting & adhering. I wrapped some ribbon I had from my stash & punched out some butterflies. I sprayed them with Tattered Angels Glimmer mist to coordinate with the colors of the paper. Done!

I don't know if she's going to use it or how much she will charge, but it's good to know I can complete something in 30 minutes or less. Cuz it sure isn't a Rachael Ray 30 minute meal! Hee! Hee!  You can find all the goodies for this project at YMH Store---> HERE.
And the tut for the card box ---> Here.
I'm off for now.
Thanks for peeking!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful "Quickie".
    You are right, the paper works for itself.

    Great job.

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always. Even your quickie projects looks like a million bucks (wonder how much your friend made off of them?) Hope your life calms down to normal levels for you soon.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colors. Amazing that you completed it in 30 minutes! Way to go. I'm with you on the Rachel Ray recipes, last time I made one it took 1 1/2 hours, then I broke my fave casserole dish, so I had to blame it all on Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you don't need to add anything to the DP, these are lovely. Hope things calm down son for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin