Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thanksgiving Mini-me

Hi there friends,
I wanted to share this Thanksgiving project with ya. I'm so tickled with the way it came out! Plus it got the approval of my little one :) Here it is:
 I used the cake box from Bags, Tags, Boxes, & More cart on my Cricut to make the teepee. This made it very easy to create. I cut another piece of cardstock the same as the front, cut a slit into it, & folded the edges back (adhered it) so that it looks like the front of the teepee is open.

Here's a closer peek at Native American Mini-me (Tilda):
Isn't she adorable! I am so smitten with all the Tildas in this collection from around the world. She's colored with Copics. I took some blender solution & a piece of washcloth to give her clothes a more sueded look. I also made a little log for her to sit on :) Next to her I sprinkled some glittered leaves.

 At the top of the teepee, I tied a bow with the ribbon I wrapped around the box. I adhered a moon button to it & dangled some beads from the top give it a more Native American flair.

 Here's a pic of the side

& of the back:

I am ready to fill it with some yummy treats! Just slide the ribbon off & open the box- easy peasy! I may give this one to Jordan's teacher... or just keep it for myself :) We'll see.

Oh & guess what??? This little diddy qualifies for a few challenges! Yay!
Creative Card Crew- Let's Give Thanks
City Crafter- Thanksgiving project
Magnolia Down Under- make own embellies
Our Creative Corner- Thanksgiving/ An attitude of Gratitude
Paper Cutz Challenge- Thanksgiving
ABC Challenge- H is for Holiday

Wow! I think this is my all time record for challenges :)

Thanks so much for peeking once again! I am editing the pics for the paper bag recipe book so hopefully, I'll have that ready to share next.
Gotta Go!

29 comments:

  1. What a fabulous creation!!! Amazing ... just love everything about it ... thanks ever so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh.....how cute is that. There's even a little rug. You have put so much love into the details.
    Great job.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative to use the cake box from the cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is too cute for words!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! Cute! oh my, sooooooooooo cute, Karli! Gosh you are so talented, girl! Great project!
    Hugs,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning make, creative idea and a universal way to use your tilda i am amazed !

    Sarah-Louise
    tiggertastic blog
    Design Team Member for :
    Crafty Purple Frog
    Creative Card Crew
    Bearly Mine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just could not be cuter. What a fabulous design. One I will have to tuck away for future reference. Well done! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, This is just about the cutest thing ever!!! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is just too cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing!!! I love the teepee and image of Tilda!! What a very clever design - thank you for joining us at Paper Cutz this week - I can't WAIT to see what you make next!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh I LOVE IT ... how creative to use the box for a tee pee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karli, this is awesome! Beautiful & creative Thanksgiving project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karli, I have really missed visiting your blog! You always have great projects and you never disappoint!! This is just adorable! The Tilda is perfectly colored...you are just SO creative!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an adorable project!!! Thanks for sharing! Good luck with all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful thanksgiving project. Your image is sooooo cute & that tepee is adorable! Love it all beginning to end! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the creative card crew!
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely adorable karli!!!
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful project with us @ Creative Card Crew!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is very adorable. I really love the teepee idea. I might have to scraplift this...very clever. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't stop looking at your project. What a fantastic creation. Perfect in every way. I don't know where to start....I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just amazing! I love your creative take on the cake box! Super cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so wonderful. What a clever idea.
    Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so super cute!! LOVE that teepee!!! Thank you so much for playing along with CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! What a great creation. You are so talented. Pat yourself on the back for this project. Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Cutz Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  23. Totally fabulous, what a great creation, good to see you here and thanks playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow- this is such a fantastic project- love the image and think your treat box is outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so cool! Hmm, I have that cricit cart. still in the blister pack. I really need to ty this, it is a great project. I love the international Tildas, too, such a fun line!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is AMAZING!! Love it! TFS!
    ~Dorcas
    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow this is amazing! Would never have thought to make a tepee from a cake box, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin