Monday, December 20, 2010

Treat Box Tut: Take Two

Hi friends,
So sorry for the delay of this tut. It's been crazy busy on the home front, I can't even tell you! :(
Here's the tut for the godiva inspired box- a la Cricut!
Here's the final product:

The deets: (feel free to click on any pic for a closer peek :)

First, I cut out 3 pockets using the crayon box from the Bags, Tags, Boxes & more cart. I was able to put 2 on my 12 x 12 mat (on my Gypsy). The pockets were set at W 7.95 x H 6.06 to maximize the size. (Note: I also hide/contoured the inner holes so they would not be cut out).
Here's what they'll look like unassembled:

Now cut off the small end tabs & the box lid:

So you'll just have this left:

I ran mine through my CB Snowflake Embossing folder, added adhesive to the end tab, & assembled my box:
Do that to all three & set aside.

Now for the wrap:
You'll need a sheet that's 12" x 4" and a coordinating sheet that's 6" x 4"

Scoring:
along the 12" side you'll score at 4 1/4" and 5 3/4

and on the 6" side (6" x 4" paper) , score at 1" and 2 1/2"

Add adhesive to the left of the 1" score line (I flipped the sheet over)
& adhere that to the long end of the 12" sheet to make one long piece. Fold on the score lines.

 Now take your crayon boxes & add strong adhesive to the bottoms:

Adhere all the 3 boxes to the middle space of the wrap:
 Wrap a piece of ribbon around the front of the box. This will serve to decorate it as well as to hold the front tab in & secure the box.
 In the pockets, I added a cocoa packet, tea bags, & a homemade cookie :)
 To finish, just tuck the front tab behind the ribbon & finish embellishing it. As you can see, this is a project where using double-sided paper is a plus!
Here's the finished box again:

 For the easiest version- no cricut required- see this post---> Here.
I do have one more version coming up!
Thanks so much for peeking!
Gotta Go!

4 comments:

  1. Wow you are so creative! What an amazing gift project Karli!
    Happy Christmas to you if I don't "visit" with you before
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! My fave color! The paper is so pretty and that poinsettia is so pretty! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my gosh, Karli! You are soooooooooo talented and creative. This project rocks! What a perfect idea for those Christmas gifts for co-workers and all. Thank you, dear!!!
    Sending you hugs and warmest Christmas wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty paper & poinsettia (purple is my favorite color). Great idea with the divided sections.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin