Saturday, February 12, 2011

PTI Make it Mondays Challenge

Hi friends,
Papertrey Ink is having lots of contests for their 4th anniversary. One of them is the "Make it Mondays Challenge." There will be a video posted focusing on a technique & a challenge to recreate it yourself.
The first challenge was to create a "Go-to Sentiment card"
Here's my card:
One of the things that draw me to PTI is how they KIS & CAS (Keep it Simple & create Clean and Simple cards). Those 2 are Kryptonite left & right hooks for me~ but I'm always inspired by what they come up with. So in keeping with the PTI tradition, I decided to follow suit for my "Thinking of You" card.
The Deets:
I used 7 stamp sets for my card! This was the first time YOF: Gladiolus saw some ink :) I stamped it with Versamark ink & embossed it with a mixture of clear embossing powder & ultra fine glitter so it's a bit sparkly IRL (I know you can't tell on this pic :(  I masked the portion I was going to leave for the sentiments when I stamped the Gladiolus. I framed the sentiments with a run on my Scor-Pal (another fab Nichole technique). Then I distressed all the edges & finished it up with a few pearls. I have to admit it was quite challenging to try to arrange all the stamps so they would fit around the main sentiment & some are a bit crooked :( grrr. But I liked the technique.

I look forward to more Make it Mondays Challenges! It's always fun to learn new techniques & different ways to use our goodies.
Thanks so much for peeking today!
Gotta Go!





The 411
all products used are PTI unless otherwise specified
Stamps: Year of Flowers: Gladiolus, Limitless Labels, Through the Trees, Holiday Treats, Blooming Button Bits, Tea for Two Additions, Scattered Shower Additions
Paper: Sweet Blush cs, Gray cs- Bazzil
Ink: Versamark, Fresh Snow, Gray
Other: Pearls, clear embossing powder, ultra fine glitter, tonic distressing tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin