Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fluffy's St. Patty's Day Card

Hi friends,
I wanted to share a card I made for my sweet guinea pig Fluffy (he died last year.) My fellow Glitterbee, Mary, made this adorable card, and as soon as I saw it, I thought of Sir Fluff. Even though the image is technically of a hamster, it looks a lot like a guinea pig :)
Here's a pic of Fluff:

Here's my card:
Ok, so Fluff-n-Stuff was more white in the middle- but look at how adorable they both are! The image is from Hambo stamps & it's called St. Pat Hamster.  I made the shamrock-shaped card on my Gypsy & cut it out on my Cricut. The shamrock is on the Everyday Paper Dolls cart. I cut out a layer from patterned paper & outlined it with Moss Green Viva Decor Paper pen. I love how my Sweet (& uber talented) friend, Sankari does that with Liquid Pearls :) I find myself doing that more & more.
Here's a closer peek:
Mini-Fluff is colored with Copics (Body: E41, E53, E25, R20, R30 clothes: YG11, YG13, YG17  Pot & hat: C1, C3, C5, C7, C9 )
I colored the gold coins with Gold Smooch & the shamrock on his hat with Green Smooch. I printed the image twice, colored the coins & shamrock & popped them up with foam tape.

I don't usually make cards for myself, but this one is for me. It will sit in my craft room to remind me of how lucky I was to have that sweet fur baby in my life. Uh huh... i miss him :(

Thanks so much for peeking today :)
Go give your fur babies some love today.




The 411:
Stamps: St. Pat Hamster- Hambo Stamps
Ink: Chestnut Roan
Paper: St. Patty's Day- Best Creations, Bazzill CS
Tools: Shamrock punch- MS
Other: Copics, Smooch, Viva Decor Paper Pen, Rhinestone bling-K&Co, Ribbon

8 comments:

  1. What an absolutely fabulous card! Now you have this fun card to go along with your wonderful memories of Fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is sweet Karli, it does look a lot like your Fluff. Good idea to keep it in your craft room to remind you of your sweet little guy!
    Hugs~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea, and so beautifully made. I shall go and give my little Poppy Puppy a cuddle and tell her it comes from Karli!

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww Karli! How cute! And what an awesome tribute! Your Copic skills are so good! So many great details! You never cease to inspire me! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sweet card- the Irish in me is thrilled! I love all of the embellishments and love the bow! How sweet to make your card with your sweet Fluffy in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, sweet card, Karli...and it sure does look like Fluffy! What a wonderful tribute to him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin