Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Creative Card Crew Challenge: Child's Play

Hi ya friends,
Welcome to a new challenge at Creative Card Crew! This week, the theme is Child's Play that could be a card for a child, or a card that reflects that inner child that loves to play!
Here's my card:
It's an easel card drawer box. This sweet image is called Carousel Horse from The Stamping Boutique who is our sponsor this week. I love carousel horses- there's something magical about them :)

Here's a closer peek at all its sparkle:
It's colored with Copics, then I covered every inch of it with Stickles! Cotton Candy, Purple, & Stardust Stickles!!! so preeetty & girly! Around the image are some Pearls from my Viva Decor Pearl pen in Lilac :)

Here's a side peek:
And the opened drawer:
I don't know if I'm going to give this one away ;) I did plan on giving it to my friend's daughter, but I'm finding it hard to part with! Hee! Hee! You've got until next Monday to Linky your kid creation to the Creative Card Crew blog & please check out the fabulous cards created by the rest of the DT.

This creation will be playing along at the following challenges:
The Sweet Stop: Sketch SSS105
Our Creative Corner: Easel card
Wee Memories: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Corrosive Challenges: Use an Animal (Hmm, I hope my horsey counts!)
Paper Sundaes: Toppings Bar~ Sparkle, Pearls, Die Cuts
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Flowers
Sparkles Forum Challenges: Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge: Pearls

If you'd like to make an easel card, there's a tut at SCS---> Here; and for the drawer box, you can find directions on Vicki's blog---> Here. Both are way easy to make :)
Thanks so much for peeking!




The 411
Stamps: Carousel Horse (digi)- Stamping Boutique, Everyday Button Bits- PTI
Ink: Fresh Snow- PTI, Concord Crush- SU
Paper: Springtime- Echo Park, Pretty i Pink cs- SU, Bazzill cs
Tools: Fancy Tags, Beaded Ovals, Nested Ovals- Spellbinders
Other: Stickles, Viva Decor Pearl Pen, roses- Prima, ribbon

25 comments:

  1. WOW! How beautiful! Awesome colors and accents, Karli! I have yet to try this card/box. Now, I am inspired! Blessings to you, oh great queen of the Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. I can see why it is hard to part with.
    How fun to have a drawer on that easel card.
    As for the carousel horse, I made my daughter a quilt and hand painted those horses an each block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo pretty!
    Thank you so much for the link.
    I've been wanting to make one of these for the longest time. Now I definitely will!

    Big Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karli!! What a stunning card!! Reminds me of a girls jewelry box...so pretty!! I just LOVE that carousel horse imagae!! So true, they are magical!! Have a great day! Hugs & Sunshine! /Sari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karli this is just beautiful. Love the colours you've used. Hugs xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful!!!
    WOW!!!

    Thanks for joining us at SFC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so fabulously gorgeous! I love the supreme girlyness of it.
    All those Stickles make me swoon.
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purple & pink--it doesn't get any better than my two favorites! This is gorgeous and I don't think I would be able to part with it either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week for our Flower challenge & good luck, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is fantastic, what a great idea
    Thanks for joining in at SFC this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really lovely!! love all the glitter too!

    Thanks for joining us at SFC.

    Hugs, Lynsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree there is something magical about carousel horses, I love them. I can't believe you did a easel card/box, this is awesome and the embellishements are so pretty. You're too creative Karli

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful. I love all the stickly goodness on the horse. Definitely a keeper (it would be too hard to part with)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is magical! Love the colors too! PS I have some blog candy on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful proyect! nice color combo, embellish and image. Thanks for playing with us at The Corrosive Challenge this week.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super gorgeous and I think I would have a hard time parting with it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and the accents!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! This is GORGEOUS! I love the colors and those papers are scrumptious! Pretty flowers and bling too! Plus I am smitten with all the Stickles! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful project! Love your drawer box. Fabulous design through and through!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this Im going to attempt one for my nieces b-day hopefully it wont be too hard

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow so beautiful thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How gorgeous is this? A really cool easel card! Beautiful colors and I love that super sparkly image! Wonderful job on the easel card challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful project! Love the colors and the little knob on the drawer too!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs,
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful!!! Thanks so much for joining us in the OCC easel challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin