Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ABC Challenge: U is for...

UNUSUAL Folds!

Howdy friends,
Welcome to a brand new challenge at ABC Challenges! This week the challenge, should you accept it, is unusual folds. This is a great challenge because now those of us who stick to the basic card form get the chance to step out of our comfort zone & create something different. I chose to go with a card style I've long admired but was very intimidated by---> The Tri-Fold Shutter card.
Here's my card: closed
 opened:
I couldn't believe how super simple it was to make. Seriously, I felt like such a fool for being afraid for so long cuz it's an AMAZING card style!
Here are a few more peeks & then come the deets :)

flattened out on the table
 stretched out view from the top
What i love about it is even though it stretches out to 12 inches, it closes to A4 size! (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
This is a wedding card. I used some papers from one of my fav BasicGrey collections---> Cappella. I embellished it simply with some Prima flowers from YMH and my Viva Decor pen.

You will definitely be seeing more of these type of cards from me, let me tell ya! It's so easy, but fabulous!  It took longer to cut the layers than to create the card. Is there a particular card style that you've put the brakes on? Join us this week & just do it! Do it afraid like I did & you might surprise yourself ;) You've got til next Monday to Linky your card creation to the ABC Challenge blog & possibly be awarded a spot in the Top 5 or be the winner of the fabbie prize offered by our sponsor:
Whiff of Joy! Woo hoo!

You can find a wonderful tut on the tri-shutter card at SCS---> Here.
Thanks so much for peeking!
Gotta go!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my peas! How incredibly gorgeous and elegant your card is! You have an amazing talent.

    {Hugs}
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....love the papers and the Prima you used!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant I recently did one of these as well and realized how super easy and fun it was love your card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karli,
    Haven't stopped in to comment for quite a while but just had to tell you how stunning this card is!!!I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karli, this is gorgeous, stunning, & elegant! Love the flowers, bling, butterfly, and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Karli thanks for leaving me some nice words sweetie.I'll miss you all sniff sniff lol!

    I'll still be visitng you guys when time permits I promise.
    I just have to make sure I have all of you girls on my blog roll.

    You have done an amasing job with this shutter card.I was in awe when i saw it.Your papers and embellishments are so GORGEOUS!

    Stunning creations as ususal ((Hugs))Ruby♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beyond Gorgeous! I need to take the plunge and try one of those...they look so complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O.K. THIS - I - LOOOOOOOOVVVEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin