Friday, December 23, 2011

Patti's Poinsettias

Hi again friends,
Hope you are enjoying the holiday season & not letting the mayhem & foolishness stress you out.
Today, I've got a card inspired by my blog pal extraordinaire, Patti Lee. Not too long ago, she posted this BEAUTIFUL poinsettia tri-fold shutter card she created using the SCAL program to cut SVG files. I luuuuv making tri-fold shutter cards & had to make my own version. I also have the SCAL 2 on my computer, but I've never used it! Aaack, I know!!! But it won't be long let me tell ya, cuz Patti is killing me with all the AMAZING projects she's made with the SCAL using SVG files!
Here's my humble version inspired by the super talented Patti.

Here it is closed:
 I used the Layered Poinsettias stamp & dies from Heartfelt Creations...again ... for the 547th time ;)... (at least I got my money's worth for once!)

 Here it is opened:
The papers are BasicGrey. I also used the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing folder from SU.

Another peek:
I do luuuuv this card style. It looks complicated, but it's easy & it definitely gives a wow factor.

You can find the tute for this card style---> Here.
And if you've never stopped by my friend Patti's blog at Creations by Patti, first grab a super Venti cup of coffee cuz you'll be there for a while! Don't say I didn't warn ya! Hee Hee!

Stop the Madness! I went to Patti's blog to link it to this post & I saw she's referenced me in her project today! Wow! That was totally a coincidence! I guess great minds do think alike ;) Ha! Ha!

Thanks so much for peeking!
Gotta Go!

2 comments:

  1. Karli,
    I absolutely LOVE your version of the poinsettias on the tri-fold card.......gorgoous!!! Of course, I am lovin' all that red, too. Yes, it is so funny that you had something inspired by me and I had something inspired by you......great minds think alike. It's fate!!! Am looking forward to meeting-up with you at CHA...countdown has started!!!!Have a grat holiday!!!
    hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karli, this is absolutely stunning. I made a tri-shutter once. Will definitely have to make another one.

    Merry Christmas!

    Hugs, Lisa

    p.s. I have been subscribed to Patti Lee's blog for a long time. She is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin