Tuesday, November 13, 2012

CAS 3 ways

Hello there friends,
Question: Do you know what's my craft Kryptonite?
 
 *****

 ****

 ***

 **

 *

 Yes!!! It's CAS cards. You'd think they would be simple cuz... well... they're Clean And SIMPLE cards, but they're SOOOOO hard for me! So when I saw this week's sketch at The Sweet Stop, I cringed a little. But, that's why it's called a sketch challenge & not a sketch nothing to it. So I decided to take it on:
Here's the sketch:

Here's my card:
There are NO layers on this card! I know!!! The snowflakes are made with Tim's Snowflake Rosettes with some pretty MS paper. I also used some of her Snow Glitter along the bottom edge leading up to the sentiment.

Here's a closer peek:
 Here's a peek of the innies:
 The bottom edge is actually one of the rosettes I didn't use on the front of my card. I used Shimmer White card stock so it's got lots of shimmery goodness :)

I was so excited I actually created a CAS card, I made more! :)

Here's a New Year's card:
I took inspiration from my students for this card. Some of my girls write a word in block and then another in script over it---> to be "cutesy," I guess ;)

Here's a closer peek at that:
The numbers & word are PTI dies. The "Happy New Year" stamp is from Firecracker Designs, but is no longer available :(

And here's card number 3: A Graduation card
 I felt like cranking out more, but I like 3... three is a good number :) So am I leaving my layers for CAS??? Nahhhh...

I'll play along in the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts: Winter (My first card)
Craft Room: Punches/ Diecuts
Crafty Catz: Anything Goes

Thanks so much for peeking today. :)
Gotta go!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards ..all of them but my favourite has to be the first one...it's so pretty - its a delight! Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room this time around. Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya what a fabulous cards many thanks for sharing it with us in our challenge..here at CRAFTY CATZ hug sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Love your CAS cards. They are all stunning. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! These are all fabulous Karli. Such a great take on the sketch on all 3. Especially love the first one with the dimensional snowflakes. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, love the flower rosettes on the first card!
    Thanks for sharing at Craft-Room Punches and Die-cuts Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three great cards! The snowflake rosette one is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards my dear! Love them ALL!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards especially the first one with the lovely snowflake rosettes. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I struggle with CAS cards too! You rocked this card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cards are soooo pretty.
    Love the little snowflake rosettes.
    Great job on that sketch.

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, you are so funny with the number three (always your fave)! Way to rock out three fabulous card. The snowflake one is super elegant. Love the script over block on the second, great look. And the grad card is amazing, too. Don't think you can call CAS your kryptonite anymore, you've just made three over the top great CAS cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin