Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nativity 2012

Hello friends,
Hope you had a "gobble til you wobble" kinda Thanksgiving (those here in the states.)
I don't know about you, but I LOVE Christmas! As soon as we say Adios to the turkey, we say Hola to Christmas decorations! We dec out the house & it looks so festive & makes us haaaappy!

Since my friends & family know I'm a card maker, they EXPECT a hand-made card. So I always struggle with mass-producing cards that I can keep simple, but not too simplistic, kwim???
Well, here are this year's cards:
Here are the deets:
I used a gold card stock base. I embossed the Always Artichoke cs with Tim Holtz' Rays Embossing Folder. I sprayed it with gold Perfect Pearls so that it looks like a million little stars in the sky :) I die cut the BEAUTIFUL & DETAILED nativity scene die (Taylored Expressions) from black cs & stamped the sentiment in gold. I colored the star with my gold gel pen & tied a few times around the card front with gold lamé cord.

Once I figured out my design, I was good to go!
Here it is in Really Rust:
Kraft:
Elegant Eggplant:
and Night of Navy:
the very simple innies:
That stamp is from Hero Arts set CL559. It's a beautiful set that matches the die perfectly :)

I am so happy I have 20 of these cards ready to send---> on time!!! Next weekend, I will crank out the last ones I need. They are A2 sized & don't need a special envelope or extra postage :) Doin' the happy dance!!!

Thanks so much for peeking today :)
Gotta Go!

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love that die.
    Still need to do my cards. ;-)

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is georgeous!!!
    I have made something similar, but with a design from Silhouette studio. And I like that embossing folder ♥ Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The die cut and gold are beautiful. I am so jealous you already have 20 cards made! I hope to start later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- your Christmas cards are really beautiful. I love the touches of gold and of course the focus on the arrival of the Christ child. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a most blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are super elegant. I bet the starry sky looks amazing in person. Love all the different color combos, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin