Monday, January 21, 2013

Oh Baby!

Hi ya friends,
Spring has sprung with some of my friends. Many are planning for babies, waiting on arrivals, & just boarding the 9 month voyage to motherhood! While my baby days are way in my rear view mirror, my friends are just getting started! It's not that I started super early, but they're in their 30's so it's about time! Well, the great news for me is that means I get to make some of my fav things to make- baby cards *Ü* One that I have to share today that's going to a friend who is having her first baby boy!
Here's my card:
  I HAD to use a sweet baby Edwin, of course! He's colored with Prisma pencils and Gamsol. I love coloring baby images with my Prismas cuz it gives it a soft, angelic look, don't ya think?! I used my fav baby papers from Graphic 45---> happy sigh... and then made a little garland of sorts with MS punches- a little sheep, teddy bear, bow, button, elephant, heart, & safety pin. I also used the Beaded Circles Nesties because it reminded me of baby beads Ãœ. The strip going across are embossed buttons.

Here's a closer look at this cutie:
I used Stardust Stickles on the stars though it's hard to tell...

I recently came across a new (to me) Magnolia challenge blog called Marvelous Magnolia & I was so tickled cuz so many Magnolia blogs have closed :( so I'm playing along with their current challenge: New Beginnings.

I also used this sketch from Sunday Sketch & Stamp:
I'll also be playing along in the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Monthly Challenge: Anything Goes
Created with Love: Anything Goes
Dutch Magnolia Lovers: Bingo: Distress+Die+ Embossing
Totally Papercrafts: Embossing

Thanks for stopping by today!
Gotta go!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Karli,love the baby Edwin! It's just perfect fpr our challenge at Totally Papercrafts. Thanks for joining us.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karli. Such a beautiful and very delicate creation. Thanks for sharing at Created with Love.
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable image and beautifull coloured.

    Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp this week.
    Claire x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...such a cute card. I am such a fan of the light blues. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this week at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris
      

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely coloring! I knew I recognized that sketch!!! Great details too :)

    Thanks for joining in our new format at Marvelous Magnolia!
    Rina DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet card. Love the baby garland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card so soft looking. I can see the stardust on the stars. Great card. Love the magnolia stamps. Thanks for joining us at created with love challenges.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful in every detail.
    Thanks for playing along at TPC this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card Karli! Love the background paper, that sweet image, and your wonderful baby garland. You always do such a terrific job on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! That is Gorgeous! Beautiful coloring!!I love that stamp.. Thanks for joining us at Created with Love Challenges
    LisaO

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet Karli. Love your prisma coloring, so soft (I can't seem to get the hang). Beautiful papers and love the button border, too. Got to dig out my neglected maggies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin