Wednesday, April 17, 2013

You are my Sunshine

Hi friends,
 I saw several challenges out in the blogosphere that caught my eye & decided to play along using some of the stamp sets I bought recently and haven't used yet.
Here it is:
 I was sold on the sentiment you see on the card! It's the song "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray..."  I luv the way it says "happeee" *Ü*  Also, it brought back some sweet memories of when I used to sing this song to my boys when they were not feeling well. It was like their "sicky song" kinda like Sheldon (in The Big Bang Theory) has his song "Soft Kitty" *Ü* I stamped the background pattern in several different inks to create that ombre effect.

Here's a closer peek at the tag:

 I created the tag from white cs then used my Distress Inks on it. I stamped the suns (from the same stamp set) fussy cut them, & popped them up for dimension. Then, I sprinkled some little gold sequins for good measure. The strip of white shimmer cs is embossed with the clouds embossing folder. See that stitching detail? Faux...still... haven't taken the plunge to use my sewing machine yet! That thing is scary! Lol! This card is pretty CAS for me.

Here's a peek at the innies:
 Simple.

I used this week's Sweet Stop sketch:

I also want to play along in the following challenges:
Just Us Girls: Ombre
Addicted to Stamps & More: Anything Goes
Crafty Creations: No pattern paper
Top Tip Tuesday: No machine sewing (No problem! HA!)
Tuesday Throwdown: Focus on the Sentiment
Flat Friends: Real or Faux Stitching (Mine happens to be real FAUX ;)
My Craft Spot: Anything Goes
Pile it On: Embossing
Sweet Stamps: Stamp your own background paper

Thanks so much for peeking today. Also, my thoughts & prayers are with friends in Boston.
Try not to let them take your sunshine away...

The 411 
Stamps: My Sunshine- Darcie's,  Fanfare- Avery Elle
Paper: card stock: Cajun Craze cs, White cs, Shimmer White cs, More mustard cs
Ink: Butter Bar, Soft Apricot- Hero Arts
Barely Banana, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango, Cajun Craze- SU
Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Squeezed Lemonade- Distress Ink
Tools: Clouds Embossing Folder- Darice, fishtail flag dienamics- MFT
Other: sequins, white gel pen

23 comments:

  1. Wow, love the fun background and the stitched tag is awesome:) What an adorable sentiment:) Love it!
    So glad you joined us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely and bright card! Love the background!! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karli, I love how you stamped the background and the smiley sun looks great with that sentiment. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. great warm colours and the song sentiment is ideal. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! Love the added sun and clouds. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is faux stitching?!?!? Great job--it sure looks real in the picture. Great colors and card design.

    I just disocvered Darcie's at StampFest in Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute - love the colors; so bright and cheerful. Nice creating!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!! ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply lovely!!! I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ombre effect in the background, that little white cloud and the whole card! I used to sing this one to my son as well -- a great stand-by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Karli. Love the sweet little tag with the faux stiching and the sun. The background looks awesome with the darkening color shade. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun use of the technique! Thanks for joining in with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your background is amazing! I love the sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at our Anything Goes Challenge at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in LOVE with your card. Like, seriously. lol That background is STAMPED?! I thought it was DSP! And faux stitching?! NO WAY! You are da bomb! lol The fussy cutting on the suns is amazing too. I just love it all! Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!!! :

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, it's me again! I forgot to mention how much I love the inside of your card too! You really put a lot of thought and detail in your card. Off to check the rest of your blog. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful. I love the background and the sentiment. It is sweet. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun way to use the technique! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous technique, resulting in a bright and cheerful fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card love the colours and love your faux sewing too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a lovely card! What a fun sentiment - especially with the suns and clouds you've added. Your faux stitching looks fabulous too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    PS Let me know if you ever find a Soft Kitty stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just fab - I love that sentiment!

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty. Love the ombre background you've created, it's gorgeous. I'm a fan of red, orange and yellow, so cheerful. Love that song/senti, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness - just LOVE this. I still sing this song to my daughter. The background, colors and tag with the sun are all fabulous too. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I somehow missed this gorgeous creation you made! I love the beautiful colors- and the sentiment- I used to sing it to my kids everynight st bedtime : ) Congrats on the win over at Sweet Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin