Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hope

 Hi friends,
 I spent part of Saturday (World Cardmaking Day) making a mess in Studio K! Being that it's Breast Cancer Awareness month & there are loads of card drives going on, I thought I should make as many as I could get done. As I've said in the past, this is a cause that's near & dear to my heart because my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 7 years old. She beat it thanks in part to early detection. My godmother who was also diagnosed, was not so fortunate. She passed away at 32 years old, leaving behind 3 young sons...

I settled on this design:
 Since I was making several, I needed something simple but pretty. I used PTI's Fanciful Flourishes & stamped it with the Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder. Then I added Prisma glitter because it's super sparkly. I like using the sticky powder because it really holds on to the glitter. I die cut the butterflies from vellum & added a pink ribbon on the body. Last, I stamped the sentiment from the Hope stamp set from Taylored Expressions.

Here's a closer peek at the sparkle:
Zombies aren't as scary as my photog skills! these cards came out so pretty (in my humble opinion :) and I hope they bring the recipients exactly that... HOPE.
 I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch:

Hope you had some crafty time this weekend! Now, to get ready for the week :(
Tootles!

7 comments:

  1. I think your card is really soft and feminin...love the pink on your card..and the sentiment is adorable and love the butterfly too...nice faux stitching Karli...hope you like to see my last card...I love always to see your creation...big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love that card. The sparkles, the color.....and most of all: that sentiment!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Gaby

    PS. Thank you for always taking time to leave sweet comments on my blog. It's really appreciated. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Karli! How thoughtful of you to make these for all those ladies fighting hard and clinging to hope. I am sure you will brighten many people's days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card- I love the stitching around the border- and the glimmer and the vellum butterflies- fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and pretty. Love the butterflies in vellum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin