Wednesday, April 8, 2015

It's the big 21!

Hi friends,
21 years ago today, a 10 pound turkey was born! My oldest turns 21 today...
I made him this "simple" card:
 I took the stamp and colored in sections I wanted to emphasize, cut them out, & popped them up on top of the stamped image.
Here's a closer peek:

Here's a peek of the innies:

 I die cut the 21 from the white paper so you're seeing the negative space on the inside.

I thought I would make a "simple" card, but this took longer than if I had colored an image with Copics! Ack! Now, if you have this stamp (from Tim Holtz) you're probably wondering why it looks different...well that's because I omitted a couple of parts---> "Be Fearless" and "Take Risks". While I liked the rest of the message, my son doesn't need encouragement in the areas of taking risks and being fearless, let me tell ya! I have lots of emergency room visits in the old memory bank having to do with him being fearless & taking risks and believing the philosophy of doing your own stunts! Lol *Ü*

Well, I hope he likes it.  That's it for today...gotta run to a birthday dinner.
Tootles!


The 411 
Stamps: Way with Words- Tim Holtz, Big Birthday Wishes-PTI
Paper: Black cs, white cs, silver cs
Tools: Markers, Stars EF-Darice, Words dies, numbers dies-PTI

2 comments:

  1. 21??? oh Karli how old are you may I ask...maybe you are the same like me..I will turn 42...yeah your boy already a big man my son still a litlle boy
    and I adore all big bold sentiment on your card
    your card concept I adore and the inside is lovely too
    How are you sweety..
    Love if you like to join my Birthday Linky party.. see this link sweety...
    Big hugs, Monika

    http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2015/04/my-birthday-linky-party-open-until-30.html

    PS: may I ask your address...I want to send you a card...and when is your bday sweety?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 21st! Fun card--though I don't know how you have a 21 year-old son :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin