Tuesday, June 23, 2015

MFT Summer School: Lesson 3: Movement/Flow

Hi ya friends,
I'm back for Day 3 of MFT Summer School! Lesson #3: Movement/Flow
Def. v. The arrangement of the elements on a card to create
 a sense of motion by using lines, shapes, forms, and textures that cause the eye to move over the design. Creating a visual triangle with sentiment, paper, and focal point is a great way to show movement as well! 

Here's my homework card:
 I achieved Movement/Flow through the flight trail from the little bee, the curved sentiment, and the scripty "happy" die cut.

Here's another peek:
 I used the Hexagon Dienamics for the hive cells. I used Distress Inks to create an ombre wash so that the top was lighter yellow than the bottom. I added little stitch marks with my white gel pen *Ü* The little bee got a dab of yellow Stickles and added a clear Dew Drop. Once dry (and set) I added little black lines with my Sharpie pen to give it a more bee-belly *Ü* The wings got Diamond Stickles and the head got a dot of black Enamel Accents.

Here's a closer peek at the cute little bee: (sorry for the bad pic :(
You are as sweet as honey for stopping by for Day 3!
Ciao for now,

The 411
Stamps: Simply Fab Sayings (Be)-MFT. Bees-Pezadoodle Designs. Flight of the Butterfly-SU.
Ink: Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey. Black Licorice Hybrid ink-MFT.
Paper: Ranger watercolor cs. Neenah Solar White. True Black cs-PTI
Tools: Happy die-SSS. Stitched Rectangle Dies-Lawn Fawn
Other: Stickles. Dew Drops. Enamel Accents

1 comment:

  1. Happy is what you make me when I look at your cute card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin