Sunday, July 12, 2015

Water Shaker card + video

Hi ya friends,
 I have a couple of cards to share today.
The first, is something I have been playing with since I opened my FUSE tool.
Here's my card:
 I water colored the tulips with Distress Inks. I took those same colors to create the wash that's on the bottom part of the card. Now those tulips will last for a while because they're in fresh WATER!
Yup! This is a water shaker card *Ü*

Here's a different peek:
 I die cut the word "Thanks" from fun foam left over from the shaker pieces. I have all the deets coming up...

I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch for my card:

Here's my second card:
I also water colored this hydrangea image with Distress Inks. I added little pearls to the centers with my Viva Decor pen. I die cut a heart from the jar to create a shaker element.

Here's another peek:
This one has pretty iridescent sequins that mimic the colors of the hydrangea *Ü*

Here's the video: It's broken up into two parts. Part 1 is the creation of the shaker and part 2 is the simple way I watercolored the image. You can watch it below or on YouTube HERE.


I'll play along in the following challenges:
Polkadoodles: Add Embossing
Sister Act: #114: Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday #381: Ladies Only
Loves Rubberstamps #159: Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown #252: No patterned paper
Craft Your Passion #269: Anything Goes

That's it for now...Thanks so much for stopping by *Ü*
Until next time!

The 411
Card #1Water Shaker Tulips
Stamps: Friendship Jar, Frienship Jar: Spring Fillers- Papertrey Ink
Ink: Versamark ink. Distress Inks: Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn
Paper: Pistachio Pudding cs, Bashful Blue cs, Vellum cs-SU. Neenah solar white cs. Ranger water color cs.
Tools: Friendship Jar Shaker dies, Friendship Jar Tulips die- PTI. "Thanks" die-Impression Obsession. Chevron embossing folder-Darice. Honeycomb embossing folder-Tim Holtz
Other: Sequins, ribbon, trading card pocket page

Card #2 Hydrangea
Stamps: Friendship Jar: Summer Fillers-PTI
Ink: Versamark ink. London Fog-Memento. Distress Inks: Milled Lavender, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn
Paper: Pear Pizzazz-SU. Neenah Solar White cs. Ranger water color cs. acetate
Tools: Friendship Jar: Pint Jar-PTI. "Hello" die-Impression Obsession, Stitched Rectangle Dies-Lawn Fawn. Heart Nestabilities. Woodgrain embossing folder- The Paper Studio
Other: Twine-Maya Road, sequins, Viva Decor pen


14 comments:

  1. Karli serious
    I am not good at flower card
    and you did it sooo great
    I love the second one with that woodgrain BG paper...
    and my fav is the first card
    woooww you really put water
    clever genius and what should I say again
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR shaker card
    I did not do shaker card but I love to see it..
    I wish one day I get your water shaker card come in to my post box.. do you like to exchange card one time Karli?
    hugs,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monika! email me your info, I would luv to send you a card---you're a sweetie :)

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Love the great idea for a shaker card!!!! I love the both.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are so beautiful, I love them! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are gorgeous! I don't know what a Fuse tool is, but am looking forward to finding out on your upcoming video. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love stopping by and seeing what you are up to. I have never heard of a shaker with water in it- how cool. Never heard of a fuse tool- and can you send the sealed water piece in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly! I would hand deliver this one! *Ü* I would also create a vertical envelope (where the card would naturally be placed upright and stays upright.)

      Delete
  6. Fabulous designs, love them both!
    many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just gorgeous! Love the shakers! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh--awesome cards and video! The water shaker idea is fabulous for the vase and you make the watercoloring look so easy. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards/ideas and the informative video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a classy creation, Karli! The shaker vase is a genius idea - LOVE it. Thanks for playing along with Polkadoodles Add Some Embossing challenge .
    x Asha (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your water shaker....cutest card I've ever seen! Your talent and creativity are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute and sweet card. Thanks for joining us in our Add some embossing at Polkadoodles Hugs Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Karli, for being this week's Featured Stamper! I love this card and loved watching the video! Enjoy your week...off to visit more of your gallery! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin