Sunday, November 1, 2015

Rockin' Guitar

Hi ya friends!
I am back from the crypts of life to share this card with ya today.
Here it is:
 Last week, we had a Day of the Dead celebration at school. (In case you don't know, Day of the Dead is a tradition whereby Latinos honor and remember our loved ones who have passed away by welcoming their spirits back to celebrate with us again.) It may sound a bit scary, but it's actually a very happy & fun celebration. One of the performers was a mariachi group made up of all women who ROCKED IT! They were amazing! So my friend asked if I would make a Thank you card for the mariachi group- so I did *Ü*
 The deets: For the acoustic guitar, I used an SVG file from svgcuts.com (Vintage Valentine file). This is actually a really cool 3D guitar box but I just used the flat files included in the "extras" folder. I die cut the main panel out of wood paper for a more realistic look *Ü* I cut the sentiment and little stars from the scrap wood paper- can't let that go to waste, ya know! To finish it off, I coated it with Glossy Accents for that slick lacquer finish.

I have taken on additional responsibilities at work and have found myself stretched out thin. My life is out of balance & I really need to take some things off my plate (where I can) and get more crafty time in---> it is my therapy after all... and what's the point of working yourself to exhaustion and stress, right? 

Well, thanks so much for peeking today & have a wonderful week! *Ü*

3 comments:

  1. The band may have rocked the celebration, but you definitely rocked the thank you card!!! The guitar is adorable and the glossy accents a brilliant idea. Love the embossed, musical background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. I love the guitar. Good luck finding a balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it is a manly card
    but you wrote it is for a woman Mariachi group
    coool I adore that guitar DIES and the THANKS Dies is cute
    my dad can play guitar sooo good
    he will be so happy to get this card Karli
    lovely BG embossed too
    how are you sooo long time no see you on Blog
    miss you
    hugs
    Monika (thanks for your HI say hehe :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin