Monday, February 8, 2016

Bouquets and Balloons

Hello there friends,
I have a couple of birthday cards to share today.
Here's the first:
 I used the Color Layering Large Orchid stamp set and coordinating dies (Hero Arts). As soon as I saw it, I KNEW I had to have it! *Ü* ---You know I *heart* Orchids just like my Grammy! I used a little strip of gold glitter washi tape & some black striped vellum washi tape to anchor them and tie in with the sentiment stamped & heat set with black embossing powder. I embossed the background with the Tribal Chevrons embossing folder (Darice).

Here's another peek:
 I added clear Wink of Stella to them. If you've seen orchids up close, you know they have their own natural wink of stella shimmer to them, so I was trying to mimic the shimmer that nature already provides.

Here's a peek of the innies:
The sentiment comes from the LJD Pretty Poppies stamp set (MFT). I have a video of how I created this card coming soon!

 I used this week's MFT sketch #266 for BOTH the inside & outside of my card.
 and I took my color palette from the MFT color challenge

 My second card:
 Different kind of feel than my first, but so much fun! I took inspiration from a card Betsy Veldman created a while ago. She used vellum for her balloon shakers. I used my fuse tool (so I wouldn't have to sew) to create the shakers.
Here's another peek:
These really shook easily! I used the Shaker Shapes: Balloon dies (Papertrey Ink) and the balloon strings came from the Party Balloons dies (Lawn Fawn).

Thanks for hanging in today!
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Tootles,

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those flowers- how beautiful and a perfect way to execute a sketch. I LOVE the balloons and your shaker balloons sealed with the fuse. How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww... such a sweet card, with the the orchids! And that simply adorable shaker card! i love it!! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colors for the flowers. Love the idea of the clear shakers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin